Sunday, November 12, 2006

Barbecue... Nova Style!


Yes, I was barbecuing in wool dress pants. Not looking forward to dry cleaning them, but unless I want to smell like beef for my students...


Starting from left: Ken (USA/JPN) (another Okubo worker), Rina, Emi, Natsuko (my most excellent manager... she has many talents including the ability to fit her whole hand in her mouth!) and Steve (UK) on the far right (an ex Nova-er).


Stephanie (CAN) and Chris (USA), two fellow workers at my branch in Okubo. Steph and I get along really well, so I'm quite sad that she's going back to Canada soon!


Hosted by our most gracious co-worker Alan and his wife, this Nova Barbecue was a success! The photos are less than perfect and I apologize for that- after taking just two, the other teachers started calling me "Dad", forcing me to put away my camera.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... this looks like such a great feast Jon, I wish I could've been there to help you finish it. :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Simpson said...

You would have loved it Mari! Would have been nice to have you, even though that would have meant less food for me.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home