Thursday, December 07, 2006

Welcome to Bizarro World


Here in the middle of Kobe's "Harbourland" district is perhaps the most bizarre amusement park I have, or will ever see. Like something out of a Baz Lurhmann knock off, this little gem on the waterfront offered me and my friend Hannah at least an hour of action-packed entertainment. From the glass bottomed ferris wheel to the dusty palm trees, the early 90s style VR jet-fighter sims to the ultra-slow-moving stuffed pandas, this creepy, depressing, but perhaps ultimately charming place of wonder comes in... somewhere, on my list of recommendations.

Hope you're all staying afloat and more, in this crazy time of year. As always, I'd love to hear from you! (and as always, I'll reply to blog comments directly on the blog, and to personal emails through personal responses).


Here's me trying to break the land speed record... Watch out!



This is Hannah, high above Kobe and scared out of her mind.



Not sure who's happier, me or the giant robotic plush toy.



Bizarro Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Wow Jon, sure looks like you're having fun! I wish I could say the same, but it IS exam season after all! Anyways, just thought I'd say hi and wish you all the best during this festive time of year. Thanks for keeping us posted with the blog; my wavering support for new technology is truly in favour of something that makes keeping in touch so simple...
Take it easy my friend,
Laura

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Simpson said...

Sorry Laura!
I've only just discovered your comment... I would have replied long ago had I known!
Thanks for the kind wishes- I hope it's not too late to wish you a Happy New Year.

Happy New Year!

Hope your exam stress paid off, and that this semester is everything that you want it to be so far. Good luck!

-Jon

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home