Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lanta sunset

Rock on

Cool chalk bag!

At the climbing centre

The thrills of elephant "trekking"... Thankfully not experienced by us


Living the dream


Boat ride to Koh Lanta

Longboats on Koh Phi Phi



Trouble












The sisters on the bus




First meal in Thailand









The dusky cliffs at Railay, Thailand

Dear Everyone, especially those who have been on my case, (including Shea, Marion, Lindsay, Mom and Dad), and those who have been on my case in spirit,
I'm terribly sorry for my part in the inadequate care and maintenance of my blog. If blogging were a job, I would have been fired long ago, if it were a relationship I would have been dumped, an olympic sport, been given the rusty-bottlecap medal. If it were a reality tv show, I would have been emphatically and unanimously voted off the (blog) island.
I am on my knees, truly.
Indeed, many a thing has happened over the seemingly barren past two months. In fact more than what can be recounted in a single entry. While I am not one to choose favourites, perhaps the most vocal in its demand for attention is my 8 day vacation at the end of March, so I'll start with that. Yes, you guessed it, I was able to trade my kidney for a plane ticket to the 38-and-humid paradise otherwise known as Thailand. There I was met at Bangkok airport by my good friend Heather and her dear sister Christie, who had graciously booked me a plane ticket to Phuket. From there we traveled by ferry and longboat to Koh Phi Phi, then on to Koh Lanta, and finally on to Railay, stirring up all kinds of trouble wherever we went. It was a marvelous 8 days- my only regret was that it couldn't have been longer. Sat on the beach, haggled with vendors, ate spicy curries, COOKED spicy curries, bought bottled waters, got sick for a day, received (deadly but cheap) Thai massages, drank cocktails out of pineapples, snorkeled, rock climbed, read The Count of Monte Cristo, enjoyed sunsets, purchased pirate DVDs, choked on hot peppers, got sun-burned, found sunscreen and sat on the beach some more.

It has been wonderful to receive your emails and comments. Indeed, I miss most of you very much! (ha!) Happy trails until we meet again.

4 Comments:

Blogger morganeliasmurray said...

The beach eh? Sounds rough. It snowed here in Montreal today.

And I cannot wait until blogging is an Olympic event. Not because I will be in it. And I am pretty sure you have bowed out of the running. But I am pretty sure the bloggers would give the curlers a run for their "coolest athletes" (I used the word "athlete" very loosely title. I predict a lot of rolly-polly guys in their late 20s who are going bald.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Simpson said...

Thanks for the comment Morgan.
And blogging IS a sport, darnit! It takes a long time to do an update- a real marathon of typing, uploading, candy eating...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Tor Danger said...

that's so weird, *I* went to Thailand on an 8-day vacation, too!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Simpson said...

Hey Torey, Good to hear from you. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not- like the same way I couldn't tell at first if you were full of crap or not when you said you were in Japan. Leave it to you to confuse the shit out of everyone!
If you actually went to Thailand, hope you had a blast. You should have come with us, though- I invited you, remember?

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home